Shades of the Past is the kick-off for the Pigeon Forge fall car show season. This annual event is sure to please all car enthusiasts. Thousands of classic cars, antique cars, muscle cars, custom built cars, and unique cars of all colors fill the area. The beauty of the Smoky Mountains is enhanced during the Rod Run. People come from all over the Country to show their rare and sometimes lifelong work. Car owners display their cars and answer questions to people passing by. Rod Run is the prime event for selling cars of all styles, make, and model. Whether buying cars needing to be fixed-up, or already fully restored, there are a variety of options.
The Shades of the Past 2010 event will be held in the parking area of Dollywood’s Splash Country; which is located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Plenty of space for vendors, demonstrations, and judging competitions.
- The Rod Run officially begins on September 10th and ends September 12th.
- September 9th vendors begin to set up booths and people claim front row parking on the main strip.
- September 10th all gates open and the Judging Area selects the Top 25 cars. The cars move to the Winners Lane for pictures.
- September 11th will be a full day of displays and Awards Presentations.
- Awards include:
- Southeast Deuce Gathering Awards
- Shades Specialty Awards including the Mighty Muscle picks
- Soffseal Mighty Muscle pick
- Detroit Speed & Engineering Modern Muscle Award
- Shades Top 25
- Fabulous 5 Awards
- Best Street Rod
- Best Street Machine
- Best Street Cruiser
Every year a new and exciting experience; with hope of being bigger and better than the year before. The Shades of the Past Car Show has many loyal fans that line the Pigeon Forge parkway for a perfect view of the cruising hot rods.