Sunday, October 17, 2010

Land of the Red Rocks


Finally approaching Sedona, I can't believe my eyes...I'm agog and have to pull over and get out of the car. I've never seen anything like this.

Punctuated with cotton-clouds, the sky is a turquoise blanket that wraps itself around a fire-orange earth ablaze with rocks that bleed red, mountains that weep blue and burning bushes of lime green. It's a veritable color wheel of complimentary colors! I'm no poet but I may burst into song...or paint!


Barely able to focus on the road, I take a wrong turn and end up here...of course, not by accident. See the giant 'Z' in the sky? ...another love letter from Above.

Check this out...see the formations on the far left (above) that look like a dinosaur? This image was taken with my wide angle. Well, my wicked new zoom lense is used below in a close up on those dino rocks...standing from the same spot. See next photo.


Dino rocks up close and personal!


The glowing earth...I didn't even bump up the saturation for these images!


Dead tree with the living

No comments:

Post a Comment