Friday, December 24, 2010

MISS EARTH 2010 LOOKS UP TO FILM SKY.


Miss Earth looks up to film sky 
Arunima Rajan, Bangalore, December 23, 2010

Nicole Faria, who was recently crowned Miss Earth 2010, is not going to rest on her laurels. 

One cannot deny the charm of this 22-year-old, who already has many feathers in her cap, the brightest being the crown at the international pageant. In less than five years, she has won many accolades including the Miss South India beauty pageant. 

Nicole, who is Bangalore's contribution to the modelling world, started her career when she was just 15. "I always dreamt of becoming an actress. I started my modelling career with this aim. Once I entered the field, there was no looking back," said the psychology student.

She has already been approached by Bollywood directors, but has not signed any project yet. Ask Nicole about more details, she would evade the question: "I am open to playing roles in Indian as well as international projects. However, I haven't made up my mind about my first project," she said.

Family support

Admitting that it's hard to juggle modelling and personal life, she adds that family is her biggest strength. 

Daughter of a Punjabi mother and a Christian father, Nicole had her entire family supporting her at the contest held in Vietnam. 

"My whole family, including my aunt, had come to Vietnam to support me. They have been very supportive throughout my career. My entire family played crucial role in my success," she added. 

It would only be natural, if her brother Craig finds it difficult to handle her admirers. "Craig has been extremely protective of me during my teenage. He has helped me to become the person that I am," said the beauty queen who also knows kick boxing.

Her proud father Ian Faria said the entire family was confident that Nicole would bag the title. "We were pretty sure that Nicole would beat other contestants as she was miles ahead of others. She had the potential to win even all the sub contests of the competition," he said. 

Apart from having a successful career like any other youngster, the trained dancer wants to preserve the greenery of the city. "Along with my mother, I want to start a rickshaw campaign. This would reduce the consumption of fossil fuels which Mother Nature offers us," she explained. 

So, with whom would she go on a dream date? Johnny Depp or Vin Diesel, she can't help responding. 

"Among Indian actors, I like Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan as well as Ranbir Kapoor," noted Nicole, who is a trained Belly Dancer.

Read more: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/123269/miss-earth-looks-up-film.html


No comments:

Post a Comment