Sunday, September 12, 2010

How Long Do You Have to Leave Conditioner on Your Hair?

Did you know that you don't need to leave conditioner on your hair as long as the commercials tell you? Honest! 90% of the benefit from conditioner comes from coating the surface of the hair. This coating is actually a good thing! In fact, the best thing you can do for your hair is to smooth and protect the cuticle (that shingle-like layer that covers your hair) BUT after you've thoroughly worked the conditioner though your hair you're done your good deed - coating complete! You don't need to leave it in for 10 minutes or even a few minutes.. however long it takes you to work the conditioner through your hair is all you need.

But what does Batty do?
My routine is to shampoo, then work conditioner through my hair and leave it in while I go about washing, exfoliating and shaving. When that's all done, I rise the conditioner out at the end of my shower. Yes, I just told you it is unnecessary to leave it in that long, but what can I say? I'm a creature of habit haha... at least I'm honest about it eh? ;) However, when I'm in a rush, I really take comfort in knowing that I can rise the conditioner out right away to speed up my shower if needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment