Monday, February 21, 2011

You Are the Music


"Inner Light" 30x24" oil on canvas

Regularly sells for $2000, the above painting is now on special for only $1250 plus tax, plus S+H will be COD or arranged to be picked up later. SHOWING at Hyde Park Bar & Grill in West Gate, March 6 - April 25.






I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water. ~Ray Charles

As it's almost time for SXSW here in Austin, Texas and it's time to go out and enjoy the city known for being the "Live Music Capital of the World".

The creative forces of music, art, dance and theatre exist inside us as the ebb and flow of our very life forces. Music has been described as
wild sound civilized, an ocean, a sculpture, moonlight, religion, a material necessity, the short-hand of emotion, the soul's language, spiritual power, the speech of angels, a refuge, an escape, revelation, and as the food of love.

Whatever music is to you, we as human beings seem to crave it almost as much as food and water. Music is our solace in despair and our glad sound in celebration. Below I've shared some of my favorite things various folks have said about what music is to them. Enjoy...and I hope to see you out there enjoying the live music!
..........................

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
~Lao Tzu

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
~Reba McEntire

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.
~Ludwig van Beethoven

I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed. ~ B.B. King

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. ~Plato

You can't stay the same. If you're a musician and a singer, you have to change, that's the way it works. ~Van Morrison

If music be the food of love, play on. ~William Shakespeare

There's nothing like music to relieve the soul and uplift it.
~Mickey Hart

Who hears music feels his solitude peopled at once.
~Robert Browning

Without music, life would be a mistake.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

You are the music while the music lasts.
~ T.S. eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment